Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Book Review

I received the book 'The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill' in exchange for a book review. 



I wasn't too sure about this book as it started, but, I got involved as it went along.  Lots of things happen to the characters in the story, as it goes along.  Several of the characters have to dig deep down, to find out what they are made of, and surprise themselves and others in the process.  Both good and bad things are discovered about different characters along the way.  There are lots of twists and turns, too. 

The characters are fleshed out very well.  There is lots of attention to detail.  By the end of this book (first in a new series), I was anticipating the next book.  Unfortunately, I'll have to wait till next December for the 2nd book in the series to come out.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the characters continue to handle things. 

I recommend reading this book.  It may be a bit slow to start, but, you will be involved soon, waiting to see what happens.  There are several strong women in this period novel.

4 comments:

  1. I like this author. I hate waiting a whole year in a series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, my daughter came for Christmas and brought the little gift you left for me. Thanks so much, never had anything like this. Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy the pretty machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read several of Julie Klassen's books. She writes interesting historical fiction. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).