Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 in Review

I did finish several projects in 2017.  Even more projects were started, that won't be finished till 2018 or later.  I'm just going to show some of the 'finished' things from 2017.

Quilts:

I was part of a blog hop to introduce a new quilt book, back in January.  Since I was gone most of January, I only got the top made, and still haven't quilted it.
Sprightly (still just a top)
 This was such a fun and quick top to make, that I made a smaller one for a baby quilt.
Baby size Sprightly quilt
I only finished 2 quilt tops for Quilts of Valor this year (bad me, but, I do have 2 more started).
Crosses & Losses
Disappearing 9 patch
Way back in August, I started paper pieced blocks for a baby quilt.  I made 2 of each of those paper pieced blocks, and wound up making 2 identical quilts.  There are 776 pieces of fabric in the 6 paper pieced blocks (per quilt).  Needless to say, I didn't get much else stitched while I was working on these quilts.  I finished the last of the binding on the 2nd quilt over the Christmas holiday.  Both of these quilts will go to my soon to be born granddaughter, Gwendolyn Avery (due in Feb 2018).  My son and daughter in law have the first one, but, I'm keeping the second one for a while so that I can put it in my quilt guild's quilt show, May 10-11, 2018.
first Peter Pan quilt finished
both Peter Pan quilt tops (before quilting)

I also made a special quilt for my father in law's 80th Birthday. 
handprint quilt

In October, my large quilt guild had a barn quilt class.  Here is mine.
me with my barn quilt

I've done lots of 'other' sewing this year, too.  Starting with Project Bags.  I finished 13, and have several more, almost finished.







I participated in several Mug Rug exchanges in 2017.  Here are the ones that I made.


We had a name badge challenge in my little quilt guild.  I decided to make a new name badge for BOTH quilt guilds.
for Wego Quiltin'

for Pride of the Prairie

I also made several table runners in 2017.
Kevin's rooster table runner
top from the freebie table, finished by me

Luba's table runner
for the Ugly fabric exchange at the Michigan TOGA
Kimberbell Watermelon table runner
for a gift

finally, something for ME

I also made several aprons in 2017.
Singer #1

Singer #2

Singer #3
I made two of this apron, but, only took a picture of one.  I've been using this one a lot.
like the one's that Nanny made me

I also made 7 purses in 2017 (none for me).  Hopefully I'll have time to make ME one in 2018.
Betty #1

Betty #2
Rene's

Mom's

Doris'

Kay's
added a zipper to this pattern

Michele's

I was in quite a few exchanges in 2017.  I'm not showing any of the blocks, but, here are the pincushions I made for the exchanges.
Lady Bug #1

Lady Bug #2
Spool #1
Spool #2
Sewing Machine

I was also in a Harry Potter exchange.  Here is what I made for that.
Frog Card exchange

I tried making something 'fun' for the chairs that I use in my sewing machine booths.  These wheelies work great!  I now have 3 sets of them.  I have to be honest.  Hubby did most of the work on these, but, I helped.




I brought home a few more vintage sewing machines in 2017, too.  I need to find homes for the Kenmore's (any takers?)
1927 Frister & Rossman hand crank

1950's Singer Sew Handy Model 20 chain stitch

1950's Japanese class 15
1951 Singer 99k (3/4 size machine)
This next machine was given to me at the end of 2016, but, I converted it, and painted the hand crank in 2017.
Post WWII Universal, Japanese class 15
I was given a long arm set-up, from the 1980's, but, I still don't have it set up yet.  It took us a lot of work to get the base cut down so that it would fit down the basement stairs.  We still have to cut down the 3 metal poles before we can set it up.  It's WAY too cold to be working in the garage for a while.  This is the machine that came with the table.
Singer A-1 Quilter
These next 3 are Kenmore's that I saved from the trash.  They all need to be cleaned up and find new homes.
Kenmore 148.292 (1960-61)

Kenmore 158.1355080 (1991?)

Kenmore 158.19460 (1976)
And the last 2 machines of the year.
1950's White electric (Japanese class 15)
1930's Casige chain stitch toy machine (German)

Not too bad, I think, for 2017.  I have lots of projects waiting to be finished early this year.  I haven't sewn a stitch in several weeks, so, I'm ready to get back in my sewing room.


12 comments:

  1. Glory B!!!!! You put me to shame girl - and you traveled a lot on top of all this. Love seeing all of the old machines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That’s a lot to accomplish in one year. Love those handcranks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been in the sewing room plenty already. And you only showed some of the finishes from 2017? You are a Dynamo, my friend. I would be so successful if I had half your energy. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got a lot done for all of your travels, and the Peter Pan quilts are great, but then your FIL quilt. Just so many great finishes. Also nice machine acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very talented sewist Cheryl... you can make anything!
    Love the Peter Pan quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely were productive in 2017! Are you still happy with the chair rollers? I love seeing your machines. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful array of finishes for 2017. You did lots of different and fun projects. I feel like a slacker by comparison. I really like the variety of sewing that you did. Maybe I will take time for some of those in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness! You got a ton done!! What a great way to look back and see what you did - I bet you feel accomplished!! ( I would!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a good year for you! Love your projects and your painted hancrank...very fun! Is that a Centennial black toy Singer? Looks like the blue border around the badge...very fun finds. I have one of those as well. We haven't been to the Michigan TOGA for a long time. One of these days :-). Happy quilting in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved seeing your finishes I did a lot of long arm quilting for others didn't get many finishes for me but several starts. love the chair wheelies I know you blogged about them but where did you get the wheels? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying this again. Google, I want my comments back in my inbox!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).